Geistlich Bio-Gide® Shape is a pre-cut collagen membrane designed for the treatment of extraction sockets. The membrane is based on the Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio technology and includes enhanced stiffness, lengthens the time available for exact positioning; this is a huge advantage for your application comfort.
Conveniently shaped for ridge preservation
- Easy handling and application comfort: Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio technology for enhanced stiffness
- Ready-to-use: Reduces preparation time
- Significantly more bone formation occurs when Geistlich Bio-Gide® is used to protect the Geistlich Bio-Oss® in a defective extraction socket¹
Ridge Preservation: A predictable solution² ³ ⁴ ⁵ ⁶ ⁷
With Geistlich Biomaterials, considerably more ridge volume is preserved at 4 month after tooth extraction.⁸
- Around 50% of the alveolar volume is lost over 6 months (horizontal 29-63%, vertical 11-22%).⁹
- Without supportive bone, the buccal and labial soft tissue in the socket collapses. The natural formation of new bone in the socket cannot compensate for the loss of alveolar volume.¹⁰
Ridge Preservation with Geistlich Bio-Oss® Collagen and Geistlich Bio-Gide®
Avoids further bone augmentation at implant placement in more than 90% of cases.⁷ ⁸
Achieves a ridge contour that allows an easier insertion of implants11 or serves as a sufficient basis for bridge restoration¹² .
1. Perelman-Karmon et al. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2012;32(4):459-65.
2. Avila-Ortiz G, et al. J Dent Res. 2014;93(10):950-8.
3. Morjaria KR, et al. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2014;16(1):1-20.
4. Horvath A, et al. Clin Oral Investig. 2013;17(2):341-63.
5. Vittorini Orgeas G, et al. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2013;28(4):1049-61.
6. Vignoletti F, et al. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2012;23Suppl5:22-38.
7. Weng D, et al. Eur J Oral Implantol. 2011;4Suppl:59-66.
8. Cardaropoli D, et al. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2012;32(4):421-30.
9. Tan WL, et al. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2012;23Suppl 5:1-21.
10. Araújo M, et al. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2015;Apr;26(4):407-12.
11. Fickl S, et al. J Clin Periodontol. 2008;35:356-363.
12. Schlee M, et al. Eur J Oral Implantol. 2009;2(3):209-217