Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio is a collagen membrane possessing the same biological properties as market leader, Geistlich Bio-Gide® with two improved attributes:
- The smoothened upper surface slows absorption of moisture and lengthens the time available for exact positioning
- The firmer material facilitates cutting when dry, making it optimal for guided tissue regeneration.
- Guided tissue regeneration with Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio and Geistlich Bio-Oss® Collagen leads to sustained higher clinical attachment level gain and pocket depth reduction than open flap debridement alone1.
- Histologic studies show not only new cementum and bone formation, but also new periodontal ligament in intrabony defects treated with Geistlich products2.
- Slower uptake of moisture prolongs the time available for exact positioning.
- Firmer material facilitates cutting when dry.
- Multiple sterile template forms fit a wide range of periodontal defects.
The membrane is available in one size (16 x 22mm) combined with four periodontal basic shape templates and in a combination package with Geistlich Bio-Oss® Collagen: Perio-System Combi-Pack which includes Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio 16 x 22 mm and Geistlich Bio-Oss® Collagen 100 mg.
- Sculean A, et al.: J Clin Periodontol 2007; 34(1): 72-77.
- Ghezzi C, et al.: Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 2012; 32(4): 433-39